Thursday, October 27, 2011

NATURAL CHAT WITH CANDIE.....Debut guest Gospel Recording Artiste Abi McDonald.

INTERVIEW WITH ABI 
1. How long have you been natural?
I have been all natural for two and a half years (2 1/2)

2. What or who inspired you to go natural?
Two things, I was tired of spending so much time on my perm hair, with the blow drying and the flat iron. And one day my 6 year old daughter came home saying mommy, I hate my hair. I wish I was white so I have their hair, I told her she had beautiful hair, she said "but you don't even have hair like mine, yours look just like there's. I thought how can I teach her to accept who she is, if it seems like I don't accept who i am? Hair and all.

3. Transitioning can be difficult at times. Share your transition experience and the challenges it presented.
My hair was really long, in my back long. I know if I tried to braid it with that length it would be too much. So I got a boy cut. Chopped it all. I loved that stage. Get up and go.

4.  What is your daily regimen?
To be honest, I don't have one. I am not really good with routine. I am good sometimes by making some big twist and covering it before I go to sleep, but most of the times I just go to sleep with it loose.

5 . Have you ever had regrets about going natural?
Absolutely none! I love my natural hair. I can do whatever style I want. 

6. What do you love most about having natural hair?
If I feel like straight hair I can blow it out and flat iron it. If I feel like curly hair I can do that too. I love it!

7. Dyes can be very harsh and can cause hair damage. How you maintain your color treated hair to ensure that if remains healthy?
Make sure you keep it very moist. Olive oils and leave in conditions are your hairs best friend. That works for me.

8. What is your favorite natural hairstyle?
Just letting it go wild and free. 

9. What products are you currently using?
I am so not loyal when it comes to hair products, I use all kinds of brands. I usually go for organics thou.

10. What would you tell women out there who are yet to embrace their natural "roots"?
Love the hair you're in! Try it, you just might like it. Harsh chemicals are never good to use extensively. I believe God made us with unique hair that we can do anything with. If you don't think its for you, its cool too. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...