Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Hanging Bantu Knots

Hey fam. I am always on the lookout for new techniques that improve my natural hair journey. How can I retain moisture, retain length, or achieve that bomb twist out? Those are just a few questions that I ponder from time to time. Upon discovery of a tip or trick that can up my natural hair game, you already know that I have to share it with my Namix Clan. 
Sooooo...without any unnecessary delay or idle chatter, let me get straight to it. The technique that I recently discovered (and yes, I know I'm late to the party) is commonly referred to as the Hanging Bantu Knots, or as I like to call them, Pendulum Twists.  
The magic about this twist technique is that it not only seals the ends of your twists, protecting it from potential breakage, but it
 also leaves your twist outs with a smooth, spiral like finish at the ends that is just bomb!! For naturals who wear their hair twisted a lot, this technique will be sure to protect those ends that would ordinarily remain exposed and subject to friction.
To achieve the Hanging Bantu Knots, just simply do a regular twist all the way to the ends of your hair. Once that is done, start wrapping the last inch and a half of the hair around itself in an upward motion. This will form what looks like a ball at the end of your twists. Theses will pretty much stay in place for the most part, One or two may come undone but just wrap them back in place and you are good to go. For best results, ensure that you add moisture especially to the ends of your hair before twisting. This technique will forever change your twist life......give it a try.      


Photo Credits: http://blackgirllonghair.com/2015/04/5-ways-to-switch-up-your-natural-hair-style-this-spring/
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-do-a-Bantu-Loop-Hanging-Bantu-Knots/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...