Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Husband finds some of my protective hairstyles unattractive....Does your mate express similar concerns?????


                             THE CALAMITY
I had to share this bit of information with you, my peeps. So my husband has been complaining that he is not very fond of some of the protective styles I do in my hair, mainly the flat twists and cornrows. He cracks me up when he tells me in these exact words "trust me my girl, that hairstyle makes you look "butch", no lie". He claims it makes me look a bit on the masculine side. I think it is because my hair has not really gained much length as yet so the end of each cornrow is but a little stub, which if I may be honest does look a bit unattractive. I don't know if I am alone here but I am not concerned about neatness when doing my protective styles as most times I only wear them to bed. If however I am home all day or for a few days without leaving home you had better be sure that this girl is not going to loose them out everyday and redo them at nights, I try to keep the protective styles in until I need to hit the road. This is oh so beneficial for my hair but sadly to my husband's detriment. Do you guys have similar experiences? Share your comments.


                             THE COMPROMISE  
I had to find a solution to the dilemma quick, fast and in a hurry, and one that would cause both of us to be happy. I had the grand idea to just go out and get me come nice trendy scarves and sport them on my head while in the house. He actually thinks they look nice and fashionable and tying my hair down actually helps to keep it protected so yayyyyy!!!!!!! we both win. See pic below in one of my scarves....the zebra print.

                                     
                 THE CORNROW OUT HAIRDO
This is how my hair came out after loosing the cornrows. I think it was worth the temporary "unattractiveness".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...