Monday, September 12, 2011

SATIN VS. COTTON

                                                                                             Source:PrettyWrap
What you cover your hair with could be affecting it's health and appearance. I cannot stress enough the importance of wrapping or tying your hair at nights with a satin wrap or scarf to maintain soft, shiny healthy hair. When your hair comes in contact with your pillowcase or sheet, it causes friction between the two that can have damaging effects on your strands. You may want to sleep on silk or satin pillowcases and sheets but if you are like me, would not find it to be a comfortable experience as I tend to be sliding all over the bed. Many people assume that once you cover your head, regardless of what you use, it is ok. That is so far from the truth. Never use cotton scarves as they will draw moisture from your hair. Silk or Satin wraps on the contrary will help to preserve the moisture and sheen of your hair. My preference is to tie my hair down firmly as opposed to using a satin bonnet. This is not gospel but I just believe that it secures my tresses better and that less movement or friction against my hair will mean less possibility of frizzing when I get up in the morning. Do your hair a favor and get it under that satin before you jump into bed.                                                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...