Thursday, September 1, 2011

MY SHEA BUTTER MELTING TOOL.....HOOORAYYYYY!!!!!!!

The secret to melting Shea Butter has been finally found. Many Shea Butter users will agree that it can be a pain staking process to convert it from its packaged texture to one that is user friendly. It has a very hard consistency and usually requires some amount of melting to make it readily usable.
I have read many blogs discussing various methods used to melt or soften this well loved product. My initial method of getting it softer was to just scrape out the desired amount, place it in an empty container and  vigorously whip it until it gets soft enough and all the lumps are removed. This was before the blessed day that  I was in my bathroom using my Blow Dryer ( a very rare occurrence)  and had a "Light Bulb" moment. I was lightly blowing out my hair and applying Shea Butter when it hit me that, hey I can just hold the hair dryer over the container for a few seconds to soften it. I tried it and friends, it was instant celebration. It started to melt immediately. I didn't allow it to totally melt but just melted the top portion to allow me to used the small amount that I needed. You have to try it. It is an easy way to do your hair care routine without having to go to the kitchen to use the microwave or the stove top to melt it.    

7 comments:

  1. Great idea Candie,keep them coming. Do you have any alternatives similar to Aragan oil as a heat protectant. Always looking for cheaper methods. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know any simple,but classy hair styles I can do myself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shandada, I really haven't applied heat to my hair much because of my heat dilemma. I would however recommend grapeseed oil as an effective natural protectant because it can withstand heat up to 425 F degrees . Many people also use Shea butter mixed with oils so adding a little grapeseed oil to Shea Butter will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Daphne, I will be posting some videos of various styling options this week so stay tuned. Thanks for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Candie I will be trying it and updating you on how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are most welcome Sher....Natural Hairnamix is always pleased to help you "EMANCIPATE YOURSELF FROM CHEMICAL SLAVERY" Keep it locked.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...