Friday, February 24, 2012

How Aloe Vera Solved my Wedding Dilemma.

I was blogging about Aloe Vera recently and had a flashback of how I had to use it as a saving grace 13 years ago when I was getting married. You see what had happened was, I was a week away from my wedding date and I decided to visit the spa to get my brows and upper lip waxed in preparation for the big day. In retrospect, it is somewhat weird to have had that done a whole week in advance but I believe it was divine intervention that caused me to decide to do it that early. Anyway, I had the waxing done and went on my merry way feeling all excited. Little did I know that I was in for a rude awakening (no pun intended) as upon awaking the following morning I almost had a heart attack after looking in the mirror. I was very distraught to see what appeared to be two sets of eyebrows and a pair of mustache. I freaked out, I was scared, I was horrified. I thought to myself that I could never get married in a week with my face in this horrible condition. After calming myself down a bit I called the spa and told them what had happened. It was then that she asked me if I was using medicated face products prior to my waxing and I recalled that I was prescribed and had been using Retin A which is an awesome skin treatment. It is known however to make your skin sensitive, especially when exposed to the sun. The sensitivity of my skin caused a layer of my skin to get peeled off where the wax and tape were applied. What it left were dark marks where the skin had been lifted from. Somewhere along the way some genius told me to just use Aloe Vera plant to rub on the scarred area everyday and that by the wedding day the marks would be gone. I kid you not, I used it and by three days later my skin was back to normal with no signs of scarring. I was in pleasant disbelief. Aloe Vera had saved my day, my BIG day, and I was able to walk down the isle as a proud bride. I am thankful that I didn't decide to leave the waxing until the eve of the wedding because that would have been another story, with a disastrous ending. As in every area of my life, God always have mi back!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...