Sunday, February 26, 2012

NATURAL CELEBRITY OF THE MONTH - ACTRESS VIOLA DAVIS

I was just watching the Academy Awards Red Carpet Show and was pleasantly surprised to see that my girl Viola Davis was rocking a new look (or at least new to me). She rocked that red carpet in her new low cut natural hair. She looked absolutely fabulous and she was just glowing with confidence and radiant with beauty. She has always been a very strong black woman and I admire her roles that she always play with such passion and authority.
I am yet to see one of her latest films, The Help which I hear was a huge success. I have no doubt that she was already a confident woman of color but I can just feel the added empowerment that emanated from her as a result of her new found crown of glory. In her interview on the red carpet she chuckles and said her mom did her hair. I am always pleased to see Hollywood stars
step out of the box and choose to embrace their natural roots. Kudos to you Viola, you've always looked fabulous, and you are known for wearing those wigs well, but I must say that this is indeed a winning look for you. Looking forward to see how your natural hair journey progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...