Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Homemade Moisturizing Spritz


My Homemade Moisturizing Spritz
                                                            
Keeping natural hair moisturized is always a challenge. The hair tends to get very dry and brittle and many times require a little mist of moisture to get it feeling soft and manageable again. Finding an over the counter product that does just that without exposing your hair to harmful ingredients such as alcohol is difficult. I have been making my own moisturizing spritz ever since I went natural. I use it daily in my hair to revive my twists, refresh my curls or simply to detangle my hair. It has been my savior the few times that I dared to go to bed without doing a protective style as my hair would be very dry, hard and knotty. Just a few pumps from my spritz bottle and comb through is a walk in the park.
My current spritz concoction includes the following:
4 oz Distilled Water
2 oz Vegetable Glycerin
2 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
5 Drops of Essential oil of Lavender
5 Drops of Essential Oil of Rosemary
Pour all ingredients in a spray bottle and shake well.
Ingredients may be substituted based on preference. I choose to use Vegetable Glycerin because it is a very good source of moisture and it leaves my hair feeling soft and silky. The EVOO gives my hair a nice sheen. The essential oil of Rosemary has a reputation for stimulating hair growth (which is one of my main goals) and the essential oil of Lavender I use to give the mixture a nice smell. Hope this works for you the way it works for me. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...